Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Favorite Book is Nominated for a Prize--Hurray

Off I go to the Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove to quilt in spirit with Jennifer Chiaverini. It's our launch event for The Union Quilters at 7 pm. Info on the Elm Grove Playhouse here.

The big news today was the announcement of the Los Angeles Book Prize nominees. I was happy to see Powells Books receive the Innovators award. After all, how often are bookstores lauded as innovators?

But if that wasn't enough, it was the fiction finalists that set my heart aflutter:
Rick Bass, Nasvhille Chrome
Richard Bausch, Something is Out There
Jennifer Egan, A Visit from the Goon Squad
Jonathan Franzen, Freedom
Frederick Reiken, Day for Night
If you need to ask what I'm excited about, you haven't been reading this blog enough. All the finalists are here.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks for the great night with Jennifers new book. I think the night was a big success.