I had no idea if we would take off, but the snow stopped by morning, making our odds better. After doing a bit of shoveling, I headed for the airport. Our plane took off right on time. Here's the view from my window in downtown Atlanta.
My, this isn't a particularly interesting blog post. So here are our top 25 fiction paperbacks* for 2011. The only things we excluded were orders that were totally from one bulk sale. If we had multiple bulk sales on the other hand...
1. A Visit from the Goon Squad, by Jennifer Egan
2. Cutting for Stone, by Abraham Verghese
3. Imperfect Birds, by Anne Lamott
4. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
5. Tinkers, by Paul Harding
6. The Tiger's Wife, by Téa Obreht
7. Room, by Emma Donoghue
8. Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
9. The Invisible Bridge, by Julie Orringer
10. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson
11. The All of It, by Jeannette Haien
12. Little Bee, by Chris Cleave
13. Montana 1948, by Larry Watson
14. The Solitude of Prime Numbers, by Paolo Giordano
15. The Slap, by Christos Tsiolokas
16. Swamplandia, by Karen Russell
17. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford
18. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
19. The Imperfectionists, by Tom Rachman
20. Separate Kingdom, by Valerie Laken
21. The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Stieg Larsson
22. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
23. The Postmistress, by Sarah Blake
24. Sarah's Key, by Tatiana De Rosnay
25. The Girl who Fell from the Sky, by Heidi W. Durrow
Thanks, Jason! Now I have a few more interesting blog posts that nonetheless don't require a lot of thought.
*Yes, this includes mass markets. But there are no contemporary mass markets on our list.
Hello. This is my blog for the Boswell Book Company, located on the East Side of Milwaukee at 2559 N. Downer Avenue at Webster Place, Milwaukee WI 53211.
Our store phone: (414) 332-1181.
My email: email@example.com.
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10 AM-9 PM.
Sunday hours, 10 AM-6 PM