I just got home from our Sugar Maple event with Hannah Pittard and Patrick Somerville, only to find that the blog got away from me today. We wound up selling books at the University Club for a lunch with Charles Fishman, author of The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water. I enjoyed the talk quite a bit, and one byproduct of this event is that we're going to try to sell the book off our new paperback table. Milwaukee has a keen interest in water--let's see how broad that interest is.
And just because one paragraph seems a little skimpy to me, here are our top 20 hardcover fiction titles of 2011.
1. The Art of Fielding, by Chad Harbach
2. The Marriage Plot, by Jeffrey Eugenides
3. State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett
4. Drawing Conclusions, by Donna Leon
5. The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain
6. 1Q84, by Haruki Murakami
7. Death Comes to Pemberley, by P.D. James
8. The Sense of an Ending, by Julian Barnes
9. The Union Quilters, by Jennifer Chiaverini
10. Caleb's Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks
11. Habibi, by Craig Thompson
12. The Katyn Order, by Doug Jacobson
13. American Boy, by Larry Watson
14. Game of Thrones, by George R.R. Martin
15. The Wedding Quilt, by Jennifer Chiaverini
16. The Tiger's Wife, by Téa Obreht
17. Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss
18. When the Killing's Done, by T.C. Boyle
19. 11-22-63, by Stephen King
20. Ready Player One, by Ernie Cline
Twelve books were helped by events; eight were not.
Hello. This is my blog for the Boswell Book Company, located on the East Side of Milwaukee at 2559 N. Downer Avenue at Webster Place, Milwaukee WI 53211.
Our store phone: (414) 332-1181.
My email: email@example.com.
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10 AM-9 PM.
Sunday hours, 10 AM-6 PM