Monday, July 5, 2010

Your Favorite Book is Now a Tee Shirt--Well, Maybe.

I'm not exactly sure how I originally came upon Out of Print tee shirts, but what I do know is that while I was pondering how many to order, what sizes, and when to ship, not one but two Boswell booksellers sent me a link to various links to the line.

We started with four shirts, On the Road, The Catcher in the Rye, Fahrenheit 451, and Atlas Shrugged. I based this on sales and the design both--don't assume these are my four favorite books in the world. These books have all been celebrating anniversaries of late (mostly 50th) and seem to sell in an assortment of price points, from mass market to hardcover.

No sooner did I set up the display than a young woman looking at it turned to me and said, "These are two of my favorite books of all time."

For now, I have unisex small, medium, large, and extra large. I've had some interest in women's sized, though I have found a good amount of sales to women of the small, regarding Boswell. We did bring in women's sized of the Boswell black tee (now showcased at the front desk) and we'll have women's sizing of the special-edition fish tee.

I do really like that the Fahrenheit 451 tee is placed near one of our fire extinguishers.

1 comment:

DWRZ said...

Wow! Great idea! My closet could become a library! I would like an Allen Ginsberg HOWL t-shirt, XXL, please!
Lolly