Friday, July 23, 2010

Listen to the Mockingjay--She Says "That Katniss is Going to Pay for Her Rebellion."

I was in a meeting yesterday at the Milwaukee Public Library yesterday, and folks were discussing what books they were reading in their book clubs. One woman asked me about The Hunger Games, and I was not surprised. It's one of those kids books where a substantial amount of the readership is adult. It's not quite at The Book Thief level, where it seems that all of our purchases are too adults, but maybe more in the Twilight level.

The third book in the series, Mockingjay, comes out August 24th. We have a display up of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, readying ourselves for book #3. And Jason explained to me that I shouldn't let the seemingly quieter sales on book #2 get to me; as is the case for adult fantasy series, a lot of folks want to read all three books at once, and when the series is complete, will rush to buy all of them.

I would not know how this works, except on a sales level, as I am stymied by series.

Boswell folk are particularly giddy about the Mockingjay temporary tattoos. Our models showcase them for your approval.

1 comment:

Celine said...

I love The Hunger Games series! Cannot wait for the release of Mockingjay!

Happy Hunger Games!
The Hunger Games Trilogy