Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vegetable Erasers are my Downfall

About 25 or so years ago, I went to a now-gone store in Cambridge called Bowl and Board. One of my favorite things to browse in the store were these little wooden ephemera. I became obsessed with the tomatoes and kept about a dozen wooden tomatoes on display in my kitchen for many years.
As we've tried to ride the Japanese eraser craze (we'll rid it until we stop thinking their cute and they start driving us crazy), we picked up some new assortments. We'll add a new assortment to the mix every few weeks, but the one that really blew me away were the vegetables. I initially thought, "Oh, those are good for our green market" (yes, this Sunday, 2-6 PM) but then I started thinking "I guess I am going to buy a bunch of them. And so I did. And here they are.

And I did. Sad, huh?

2 comments:

Nora R said...

Not sad at all -- in fact, just looking at them made me happy. I don't live in your area; HOW can I get some of my own?

Daniel Goldin said...

We can ship out anywhere in the continental U.S. Our current erasers are all $1 each. Shipping is $8 for purchases under $50 to one address. $50 and above and it is free. Call us at 414-332-1181 between 9 AM and 9 PM Monday-Saturday, 10-6 on Sunday.