Saturday, May 15, 2010

Eyeglass Reorder--Greeting Card Disorder

We've been selling down on our reading glasses so we brought in a few styles. We've got assorted cat patterns and a black-and-white look called Voyager (pictured at right--I figured you know what a leopard print looks like. We restocked the popular plaids and the unisex Prada design that has proven to be a hit with fellows. And the hand-painted frames have gone down in price from $19.95 to $16.95--they are selling, but not at the pace we expected. The new styles are all $19.95.

***

So, do you think Mother's Day or Father's Day cards sell better? I was always taught that Father's Day was the bigger book holiday. Mom's got lunch and flowers and candy. But what about cards? We pretty much sold out all our Mother's Day cards and most of our blank cards with flowers to boot. We have about a third less pockets for Dad. Do you think I have to go panic and get more quickly? We'll see.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I don't think you need to buy _more_ (although I already bought three...) but in the future, for Mother's Day, I would get a couple of Grandmother or Mother-in-Law themed cards in addition to the generic ones. Sadly, I have no Grandfathers...