Here are some things your should know about the Saturday, July 14 bicycle race on Downer Avenue:
1. The Downer Avenue Merchants Association has nothing to do with this race.
2. We had less than two weeks' notice that it was happening.
3. There seemed to be no neighborhood notification.
4. This race has not been owned by "Otto" for many years.
5. There are no ancillary activities.
6. That said, there is professional racing from 6-10 pm.
7. Streets will be closed.
8. The Downer 30 bus will be diverted.