Sunday, April 24, 2011
1. The Pale King, by David Foster Wallace
5. Room, by Emma Donoghue
Has Winspear been going top five on the New York Times bestseller list for a long time? Decades ago, I contemplated tracking book bestsellers so you could access success in book form, a la the old Joel Whitburn music books. I wonder if someone is doing this on a website? It just seems like yesterday that we were handselling Maisie Dobbs from little Soho Press.
3. Bossypants, by Tina Fey
4. Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
5. Malcolm X, by Manning Marable
To give you a handle on our Tina Fey sales, they are more than double our #1 hardcover title, and this should go at least another two weeks as hip mamas get Bossypants instead of flowers and candy.
2. A Visit from the Goon Squad, by Jennifer Egan, Pulitzer winner
3. The Invisible Bridge, by Julie Orringer
Posted by Daniel Goldin at 2:00 PM