In trying to do a blog post for our 20% off cookbook sale (going on now through Sunday 4/3), I thought I would do a bestseller list of our top 20 cookbooks (and foodie books) of the last six months. What I learned was that we have a lot of culinary events.
1. The Cake Boss, by Buddy Valastro
2. Life, on the Line, by Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas
3. Memoir of a Sunday Brunch, by Julia Pandl
4. The Bizarre Truth, by Andrew Zimmern
5. The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook, by Mirielle Giuliano
6. Barefoot Contessa: How Easy is That?, by Ina Garten
7. Heart of the Artichoke, by David Tanis
8. The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur, by Kelly Peloza
9. The Ace of Cakes, by Duff Goldman
10. Lucid Food, by Luisa Shafia
Guess what? Of our top ten, only Garten was not an event.
11. The Gourmet Cookie Book, from Gourmet Magazine
12. The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten Free, by Anne Byrn
13. The Essential New York Times Cookbook, edited by Amanda Hesser
14. Wine Bar Food, by Cathy and Tony Mantuano
15. As Always, Julia, edited by Joan Reardon
16. Around my French Table, by Dorie Greenspan
17. Who You Callin' Cupcake?, by Michelle and Vinny Garcia
18. A Platter of Figs, by David Tanis
19. Primal Cuts, by Marissa Guggiana
20. Medium Raw, by Anthony Bourdain
No, there are no professional books on this list. But we have some, and they are included in this special sale. These are books you rarely find in bookstores at all, let alone at this great price of 20% off.
And don't forget about three upcoming events that could propel their books onto our bestseller the next time I put something like this together:
April 11, 7 pm, Ronnie Hess, for Eat Smart in France, at Boswell. This event is free and co-sponsored by Alliance Francaise.
April 18, 12 Noon, Patricia Wells, for Salad as a Meal, at Bacchus. Tickets are $95 and are available by calling 414-765-1166.
Hello. This is my blog for the Boswell Book Company, located on the East Side of Milwaukee at 2559 N. Downer Avenue at Webster Place, Milwaukee WI 53211.
Our store phone: (414) 332-1181.
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General email: email@example.com.
Our Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10 AM-9 PM.
Sunday hours, 10 AM-6 PM