Sunday, January 10, 2010

Michelangelo and Monk Collaborate on Something or Other

We've had a run of special orders (we only had one copy, and by run, I mean two special orders) on Michelangelo: The Artist, the Man, and his Times. So sad because we lost our Cambridge rep late last year, and had we still had him, he surely would have sent us a note letting us know about that there was some publicity pop.

In my world, two is a trend.


Another book we sold several copies of yesterday was Robin D. G. Kelly's Thelonious Monk: The Life and Times of an American Original. I thought it odd, as the book came out last October.


I still don't exactly know why both books popped in the last few days. Maybe because Jason had bought a Thelonious Monk CD from Daedalus to sell and we were playing it in the store. But I have no Michelangelo work hanging; our decor is still from Maryland Avenue Montessori School.

Both worth giving a shout out. I'm sure I'll find out why folks are buying them soon enough.

No comments: