Friday, September 9, 2011

As I Set Up for Our Event with Al Strekow...

It's just the beginning of event season and I'm already tired. We had a lovely event with Peter Brown yesterday, followed by a perfectly respectable event with Karen McQuestion, in spite of a Packers game, a Brewers game, and Obama's jobs speech. Tonight is our event with Al Strekow, author of Cyril Colnik: Man of Iron.  Published by the Friends of the Villa Terrace, it's a beautiful book that showcases the amazing ironwork all over Milwaukee. The chairs are just about set up, a bottle of water is on the podium, and a table is angled so that Strekow can display two blowups.

I wrote a bit more, but I decided in the end that this post started going in a direction that needs several reads and a bit of editing.  So I'll just say that I'm looking forward to writing up some of the autumn-y gift stuff that we put out on the floor this week.  I'll save that for tomorrow.

No comments: