Sunday, May 22, 2011
What's Selling at Boswell, and Sometimes Why. For Example, Carl Really Likes the Danielle Sosin Novel.
1. The Nature Principle, by Richard Louv
3. In the Garden of Beasts, by Erik Larson
4. Area 51, by Annie Jacobsen
5. The Executive's Guide to High Impact Talent Management, by David DeLong
2. Night of Flames, by Doug Jacobsen
3. Cutting for Stone, by Abraham Verghese
4. When Men are Young, by Terry Gavin
5. The Invisible Bridge, by Julie Orringer
Our pal Cyndie crossed town to pick up Room for her entire book club. And being that it's Saturday, many customers stop in and look at Bev and say, "Didn't you used to work on Oakland Avenue" and even "Silver Spring Drive"? So anyway, I hand-sold a "Room" to one of those people. Also a "Postmistress." Why does that always give me a thrill?
1. Serve Yourself, by Joe Yonan (signed copies available)
2. Last Child in the Woods, by Richard Louv
3. Memoir of a Sunday Brunch, by Julia Pandl
Posted by Daniel Goldin at 7:10 AM