Sunday, August 29, 2010

We (Pretty Much) Love (Like a Lot) Girl of All Work (Get it? They're Office Supplies)

One of the gift lines I've been eyeing over the last year was a company called Girl of All Work. I don't know why I was so skittish. I guess I wasn't quite sure what our store's esthetic would be, then I second guessed myself, then I thought, oh this is a fall thing.

In any case, this summer I brought back the catalog, committed to bringing in the line, and my I-don't-know-what-you-call-them-but-the-folks-who-like-looking-at-the-gift-stuff team was very enthusiastic.

Yes, it's more of girl thing (hey, that's their name), but it works surprisingly well across a broad range of ages. It's commercial stuff that nonetheless picks up on the Esty crafting vibe.

I can imagine the conversation at their offices:
Let's make page flags, but pretty!
Let's make thumb takes, but pretty!
Let's make magnetic bookmarks, but pretty!

Done, done and done. We also brought in some journals and holiday cards.

No comments: