Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What Would Karel Capek Think?

Remember when I was blogging about our robot window and I mentioned that I was featured in my fifth grade production of RUR (Rossum's Universal Robots)? And why should you?

Well, Donald Ruehl, a local used-and-rare buyer/seller/appraiser, came in with a copy of the book to show me. It's a first edition from the 1920's, published by Doubleday, Page, and Company.

I'm so sad that it's just about time for the window to come down, partly because it's my favorite window since we've opened, and partly because due the sidewalk construction, not as many folks got to see it as I'd hoped. We sold a decent amount of things out of it too, including Crobot, a book on knitting cute robots.

I should also warn you that if you love our bendable wooden robots, they are now out of stock at the distributor. We're hoping on getting more before Christmas, but who knows? We still have about 20 left in the mini size, plus about 4 of the larger ones. Did I mention they are going to stop making the gray minis? Though the least popular color, they are very nice to have in threes, one each of red, blue and gray. At least that's what I bought for myself.

Alas, the "book and plush" signs are at the printer (or at least I think they are, I had better recheck) and it's time to move our futuristic friends to a nice table.

No comments: