Friday, April 20, 2012

A New Window, A Case of Mistaken Identity.

We had pretty nice success with our window stickers last year, so I brought in a new batch. I let the vendor choose which sample they'd want in the window, and they went with giraffes and monkeys. We brought back the birdcages and fishbowls from last year, plus begonias, various kinds of foliage, and a realistic cat and bird.

***

We had another offsite today, this time at the Pfister. Daniel Seddiqui spoke to a regional meeting of Rotary Clubs for 50 Jobs in 50 States: One Man's Journey of Discovery Across America. A man came up to me and said, "Daniel? I heard you have information about a cross country hike."  And I thought he might be talking about the Cheryl Strayed book, Wild.

And then a woman spoke to me, noting that she really liked my talk at Park Ridge. I figured out what was going on. People thought I was Daniel Seddiqui, and it was all the more confusing, because of course we have the same first name. In all, a half dozen people made the error. At least one attendee made the mistake while Seddiqui was speaking. I took it as the compliment it was.

No comments: