1. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larsson
2. Bad Boy, by Peter Robinson
3. I'd Know You Anywhere, by Laura Lippman
4. Comedy in a Minor Key, by Hans Keilson
5. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet, by David Mitchell
6. Three Stations, by Martin Cruz Smith
7. Star Island, by Carl Hiaasen
10. City of Veils, by Zoe Ferraris
I had missed that amazing review from Francine Prose that also put Death of the Adversary on our paperback fiction list. I had to get a reminder from our buyer Jason and our rep Anne. Here it is, if you haven't read it. To pretty much quote, the books are masterpieces and Keilson is a genius. Quite compelling!
In my trip to Salt Lake City last week, it became clear that we are simply selling whatever my friend Miriam is interested in. She had just finished Martin Cruz Smith's newest (with raves) and was in the middle of David Mitchell.