Sunday, September 6, 2009

Learning How to Blog, Part 372 of a Continuing Series

Up until now, my blog has been set up so that you have to be a member of Google to comment. It turns out, while browsing various features, that this does not have to be the case; it's simply the default. So I've turned this off. Now you don't have to join up with Big Brother to have your say.

That said, I have turned on the function that monitors comments. Half the comments I get are to promote a search engine or someone else's self-published book. At least make a pretense of being intersted in the top at hand, right? I don't think this should be an issue, based on the few comments I get, but I'll deal with that when I'm overwhelmed with comments (not likely soon).

So far the RSS feed email seems to be going well. I was worried that if I corrected a typo (which I've heard is bad blog form, to not acknowledge the original error somehow), it would send another feed. Not the case. That said, the email is sent about 18 hours after the blog is posted. That seems a bit too long a delay. Maybe I'll figure out how to fix that as well.

If you haven't read the Boswellians blog (our other blog), we've got several new posters involved. Here's the link.

The top five books on the Ingram demand list with "blog" in the title (or subtitle, if included).

1. Kiss and Blog, by Alyson Noel.
Teen fiction. Sloane is mean to Winter.

2. Baghdad Burning: Girl Blog from Iraq, by Riverbend.
An anonymous blog from a young computer programmer in Iraq.

3. Building a Word Press Blog that People want to Read, by Scott McNulty.
The sequel to writing a blog people don't want to read.

4. Blogertize: A Leading Expert Shows How Your Blog Can Be a Money-Making Machine.
And it's not out yet.

5. Something to Blog About, by Shana Norris.
More teen fiction, but this is written in blog form, instead of being just about them.

No comments: