Sunday, August 2, 2009

No, I Haven't Forgotten About Little Bee.

So I'm talking to my excoworker Nancy B., a Brookfield stalwart whose daughter now lives in our neighborhood and found us located close enough to Beans and Barley* to pay a joint visit.

We're talking about books I love, books I think Nancy would love, and we come across my ever-moving display of Little Bee. Hurray, a sale means I'm one step closer to my personal goal of 100 copies sold in hardcover (the store's at about 63.)

But today I'm tongue-tied? What do I do? I invite Nancy over to watch Green Apple Books promo video when it was their book of the month. She's convinced!

Now they are having a book vs. Kindle smackdown. So here's the link, if you haven't been following it.
***
Brian, one of the Simon and Schuster regional managers, visited the store this past week. You may know I have been panicking about the paperback cover. I'm positive I'm not going to like it because there's not way they'd keep this one, and what could live up to it? I was sure they'd go mass merch on it, but he says no. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but still suggesting folks go with the hardcover.

1 comment:

Nicole Magistro said...

I also vote for the same cover in paperback. This is my favorite book of the year, and hand selling this book has been an absolute treat!