Monday, October 1, 2012

Oh, is it Monday Already? Stephan Pastis, Patricia MacLachlan, Florentine Opera, Libba Bray, William Joyce.

So this is when I lay out the events for the week. Knowing that Stephan Pastis is coming tonight at 7 pm for Pearls Freaks the #*%# Out (and I'm just going to note that I keep spelling the cuss word incorrectly), I should have gotten this out earlier, but then I heard he sold out in Kenosha and sold out of every single book (including backlist) on his last tour in at least one city, I freaked the #*%# out myself, and thought "What if I am stampeded by a herd of angry Pastisites?" Who would be able to represent Boswell at North Shore Library tomorrow?

So that's Monday (tonight), 7 pm, Stephan Pastis, at Boswell.

Tuesday, October 2, 6:30 pm, North Shore Library,
6800 N. Port Washington Rd, Glendale WI 53217
Patricia MacLachlan, author of Boxcar Children Beginnings: The Aldens of Fair Meadow Farm.

You know that there is a tradition of outside writers telling the exploits of the Boxcar Children. At one point, the classic series was continued by others as well. And who is a better choice than Patricia MacLachlan?

Wednesday, October 3, 7 pm, at Boswell:
Florentine Opera Insights, featuring Corliss Phillabaum.
The Florentine Opera Studio features arias from Carmen. The Florentine Opera's production of Carmen has two shows, on Friday, October 26, and Sunday, October 28.

Thursday, October 4, 6:30 pm, at the Loos Room of Centennial Hall,
733 N. Eighth Street, Milwaukee WI 53233.
Libba Bray, author of The Diviners.
Featuring a costume contest and a little music.

Friday, October 5, 7 pm, at Boswell:
William Joyce, author of the new titles in the Guardians of Childhood series,
Toothiana, Queen of the Tooth Fairy Army
and The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie.

My real achievement this week was booking three school visits for William Joyce when his schedule opened up at the last minute, at the same time we picked up the school events for Patricia MacLachlan and Libba Bray, which were formerly at Next Chapter.

Fortunately the events this week speak for themselves, which is a good thing, as I have an event to run and a book club to coordinate too.

Oh, and if you like listening to me on Wisconsin Public Radio, I'll be chatting with Kathleen Dunn and Nancy Pearl tomorrow, October 2, at 10 am.

No comments: