Top Hardcover Nonfiction Boswell Bestseller's for the week ending 1/15
1. American Rose, by Karen Abbott
2. The Warmth of Other Suns, by Isabel Wilkerson
3. Cleopatra, by Stacy Schiff
4. The Gourmet Cookie Book
5. The Bed of Procrustes, by Nassim Taleb.
The last is aphrorisms and meditations inspired by Taleb's The Black Swan.
Here are our bestsellers for hardcover kids books.
1. A Sick Day for Amos McGee, by Philip Stead, illustrated by Erin Stead
2. Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins
3. Moon Over Manifest, by Clare Vanderpool
4. Spy in the House, by Y.S. Lee
5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth, by Jeff Kinney
We had a pop in all of the Suzanne Collins. I think this from new information coming out about the upcoming film. Pam likes The Agency series, of which, Spy in the House is the first volume.
Three upcoming events this week to remind you about:
1. Monday (1/17) is National-Book-Award winner Jaimy Gordon, author of Lord of Misrule, along with Grace Paley winner Christine Sneed for Portraits of a Few People I've Made Cry. Some snow is expected. Be brave, Wisconsin!
2. Tuesday (1/18) is our Johnny Weir signing at 5 PM for Welcome to My World. Signature only, books only, and only line photos.
3. Wednesday (1/19) is our Poets Ink group reading, with Barbara Collignon, Cary Fellman, Mary Lux, Peter Piakoski, and Carolyn Vargo. Stacie will be running that one, as I'm off to Winter Institute in DC!