Friday, February 12, 2010

Mistakes Have Been Made!

1. I am worried about my decision to move Dan Maguire's event for Ethics: A Complete Method for Moral Choice to next Wednesday, February 17th, at 7 PM. In the early afternoon, it looked like there was no place to park and lots of areas that hadn't been cleared. By evening, things were better and despite sending out notices, we had a number of people show up. We gave them a $5 coupon with a $25 purchase (that's one hardcover book or a trade paperback and something else, not a bad deal) with my apologies.

Of course next Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, a day of obligation. I know you can also go to church in the morning, but is my event on Christian ethics by a Marquette professor going to wreak havoc with some folks' worship? My fault again. I'm hoping it's easy to do both, and it's certainly a timely talk.

2. Dan Kois' talk for Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Facing Future was listed correctly on our email and event calendar, but actually got listed at the wrong time on Facebook and our web site. The correct info is Sunday, February 21st, 2 PM. This is that wonderful book in the 33 1/3 series, documenting this one album in the life of one of Hawaii's most beloved singers. You know, the late singer with the ukelele arrangement of "Over the Rainbow" that Jason Castro covered on "American Idol."

There's another mixup that involves a press release, but I think a targeted apology and correction is appropriate in that case. So I'm not going to bring it up. Oops, too late.

Tonight is Martin Jack Rosenblum and Dave Luhrssen, along with guitarist Brian Thomas Carlson, for a talk on the third edition of Searching for Rock and Roll. It starts at 7 PM. I don't think there are any errors in that statement!

***

I just taped a segment with Lake Effect's Stephanie Lecci. Catch me on Tuesday on 89.7. Here's the link to their site.

No comments: