Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We Interrupt This Blog for an Annoucement from Dwellephant

Here is an unabashed plug for an un upcoming event. If nothing else, you must come see the exquisite hand-painted books.

"This Saturday, I'll be tucked away somewhere in The Boswell Book Company , drawing and signing in every copy of my new book, Missing the Boat , that you buy. But before you can even reach me, like a force-field of purchasable awesomeness, will be my friends:


And as if that weren't enough, rumor has it Pezzettino will be performing live, WMSE's DJ Dori Zori will be providing the overall soundtrack, AND there will be a raffle."

A raffle? A raffle. An AWESOME raffle. With original art from yours truly, as well as amazing gifts generously donated by RISHI TEA , TEECYCLE and others

I know what you're thinking: "Mr. dwellephant. What do all these people have to do with your incredible new book, MISSING THE BOAT?

EVERYTHING.

I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for these people supporting me and inspiring me with what they do. Milwaukee is an incredible city. I wouldn't have moved here six years ago if it weren't. I wouldn't still be here SIX YEARS LATER if it still wasn't. And the only way to make sure one of us keeps doing what we're doing? Make sure ALL OF US keep doing what we're doing. Supporting them = supporting me. Embracing that philosophy will do you wonders in life. I promise. (And if you don't live in Milwaukee, apply it to YOUR city!)

Bring your kids. Bring your friends. And definitely bring your wallet."




No comments: